Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To save a life..

     I’m really really really disheartened yesterday… Witnessed the aftermath of a fatal accident just outside my university campus and the motocyclist died on the spot from the impact.. The car on the opposite lane skidded due to the heavy rain and lost control or something and killed this innocent guy.. And he was just 20+ years old… I dunno why but I left the scene after a while, after seeing him lying there in his own pool of blood… Under the rain, shielded by our umbrellas.. We didn’t know he was dead then but tried to help out anyways.. I was so sad for him… I pray that his family would get over his death soon.. It’ll be hard I’m sure but I hope time would erase bad memories and all the heartaches….

      It’s been so long I felt so morose over things.. I mean, even when someone crashed my car front and back I was still being really positive but THIS… Sigh, I’m lucky I didn’t take up forensic science after all… I was so crazy about CSI and admire how cool everything was and how they caught the criminal culprits that I wanted to be a part of it back then… Then I found out that they didn’t show the many,many, many, many long hours they’d spent in the labs to try to find something of use.. Me being me, I couldn’t even sit still and stay quiet for long so… *raise white flag* Hehe… Death wouldn’t faze me but the hurt and pain it brings… *shivers* I can’t take it.. I’m compassionate huh?? Empathic… Hehe… Yet helpless all the same… Sigh.. I wish there’s air-medical-support in Malaysia though, where helicopters could be used to save ppl… Sometimes, the delay in traffic and what-nots could cost a life… Sigh…. All in all, my heart goes out to all accident victims and their families.. To all other road users, do be very very very cautious, careful and safe when you’re on the road, as the saying goes, biarkan lambat asalkan selamat right??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*Hugs* I know how it feels to witness something like that. I've my share of flying motorbikes just metres in front of my car or just across the street when I was walking somewhere. Not as heart-wrenching as yours though as mine didn't involve deaths.

Give me 5! I was also crazy about CSI, still am. But given a second chance, I still wouldn't do forensic science. Half of it being that I don't think I'm smart enough, another half being that I might need to witness a lot of... ahem... these in my line of work.