Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random updates…Yaki-yaki buffet restaurant, Han Han noodles house

      So yes, sorry everyone for the delay… Was reaaaaaaaaaaly having fun in KL during my much needed one week break that I didn’t even have time to get online… Sorry… Anyways, promised you guys I’ll update on Yaki-Yaki so here goes…

    Am guessing that through many food blogs you’ll see pictures of the ambience, deco, food and such so I’ll skip those and just write about the place k? (Fine, I’ll admit the other reason I’m skipping the pictures is because I was too busy gobbling food down to remember to take them..sorry!!) Let’s start… Well, since my family and I went during the 50% off promotion period-which is til the end of this month by the way-on Easter Sunday, the queue was darn long 20 minutes before they’re even open for diners.. Many were turned out because they didn’t make reservation in advance and I was totally pleased I did, lol..

     The place is easy to find and it looks quite decent with its yellow and black theme.. Kinda like its simple yet friendly dim atmosphere.. Foodwise, it’s just so-so and the choice is very very much limited.. Was really disappointed because a lot of food were not there on the day we went… There was no scallop at all, (like, what the..?? None at all?? It’s not like they’re giving us big ones anyways..) no soft shell crabs and a lack of coconuts supply…Had to queue up each time for coconuts which may be finished by the time you reached the front of the line and you’ll have to stand there another 20minutes for the next batch to come out..So if you’re going there alone, you’ll most probably end up queuing up most of the time, whether it’s for coconuts, for ice-cream or what nots… However, to be fair to them, with the promotion price, I’d say it barely scraped through my standard… With the normal price the management fixed for the meal, I’ll not go back there ever again… My bro seems to like the all you can eat concept though coz he asked me to bring him there again the next week… –.-" am so jealous of people who can never grow fat… Sigh… But too bad, am not bringing him there again!! Bwahahahaha…
Ambience- 3.5 out of 5
Food-2.5 outta 5 (Though judging on purely BBQ meat and sashimi, maybe I’ll give it a 3.5.. I dunno? None in he family can eat much.. Such a pity)
Service-4 outta 5
Price- 4 outta 5 (Only during its promotion period, otherwise, I’ll give it a 1)
DSC01019







Barbeque-ing some food.. The “mua-chi”’s nice though..




 

DSC01018








Some jellies…






     Yes, I had failed my purpose and call of duty to take pictures there cause I was really happy going around in search of food…Spare me and my-deprived-in-university-stomach alrights??

     Ok, next up, review on a restaurant I saw which was on another food blog, Han Han restaurant in Jalan Wawasan, Ampang.. It got a really good review and was on some food magazine so I decided to give it a try since as an Ampang resident, I must fulfill my calling to be able to tell others abou the food around huh? So I’ll put the pictures up 1st..
DSC01108 



Han Han restaurant exterior.. The Chinese characters mean “Noodle house”.. Hate the too-simple-feel-like-crying deco though..





DSC01103 


Their pricey set of food.. This costs RM16.90.. My family and I do not mind paying for good food but this food ain’t good and the place ain’t good and the price is hence very not good..


DSC01102

Since it’s a noodle house, of course we gave their noodles a try and… 
Was very disappointed…
Ugh, my mum cooks much better… Hey, even my instant noodle cooking skill taste better.It’s bland.. tasteless…
Worst was we found hair in…UGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! DSC01105





My sis loved this “loh shee fun” though I tasted better..








DSC01107  






My bowl of sweet potato porridge… Well, sigh, no comment…







DSC01099









爱玉冰 “ai yu bing”
Was okay..







DSC01101









Our bowl of ais kacang… The ones at Jo En’s place was so much cheaper and nicer.. You can see the picture for yourself somewhere in this blog..









     As a conclusion, Han Han was so overrated.. Food’s expensive with real bland taste.. May not even be hygienic coz we found hair in their food… I end the review just like that.. Judge for yourself whether to believe it… Can’t believe I wasted time, money and effort to review that place.. Goes to show how powerful and confusing the net is…Though I beg to differ with their say.. Hate that place very much…

     Oh, and my camera phone’s real awesome!! The pictures are so edible…So proud of it… haha…

No comments: