Thursday, April 2, 2009

Frog-田鸡- plus eel plus porridge experience in Sungai Petani

So yes, as the title suggests, this is a blog post on the food trip of mine last week with my roommate where I ate the thing I didn’t want to taste since last time after I saw the uncooked version and imagined it being in my stomach… Ughh…


As you all would know, the picture on the left shows frogs and the picture below shows cooked frogs… And guess what, I managed to gut them down after all!! (Much to even my mum’s surprise when I called her and told her about this feat of mine.. Lol..)






DSC00935



The cooked frogs swimming in a pot instead of a pond now.. Their meat are kinda like chicken but much more smooth and tender, no kidding!! I guess we Asians really can eat anything under the sun huh?

RM18 for two








DSC00934






This is a pot of eel to go with your pot of porridge.. Yum…


RM18 for two








And hey, eating eel’s not that disgusting k? It’s like eating sushi but cooked!! (ok, so there are sushi haters but….) And I do so love unagi too!! unagi-dai.jpg image by jq_tan



How can you hate eel after tasting unagi? (But my dad does, we tried to trick him into eating them many times but he being smart and all managed to deflect all our attacks.. Ishhh…)





DSC00937






Oh, this shop is actually a porridge shop so if you’re thinking about eating the meats mentioned above without the porridge? Well, I think you’re missing something important…



RM2 for a pot






Do leave me a comment if you’re in Sungai Petani and wanna give this shop a try alrights? I’d be glad to supply you with the direction to go there.. I would recommend the porridge which to me is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery cheap while the pots of meats are quite honestly, actually pricey.. They serve veges too apparently but conveniently forgot to tell us when we were there so, a there you have it, your full set of complete meal!!

No comments: