Thursday, May 28, 2009

A funny poem dedicated to Chinese dumplings-粽子-by me..

Oh, it is that time of the year,
Fifth day of the fifth month every year,
According to the Chinese lunar year.

Where dragon boats are geared,
Where bamboo or reed leaves fear-
Being forced to wrap around glutinous rice, meat, beans, then boiled with their tear.

A time where dumplings are easily found and people cheer,
Where more combinations of fillings are created I hear,
Seeing those weird “creative” dumplings, I shudder and fear. (=p)

Oh, yet how I long for a dumpling,
Its yummy-ness makes me go a’searching.
Even if consumed, makes my weight increasing,
I’ll still relish and ravish my dumpling eating,
So I better go and get them now, or else it’ll be really depressing!!

(Pic from www.judelittle.com)

Hahahahaha… That’s all folks, poet SeReNe in the making!!! LOL!!

No comments: